Network Society ‘Technology Stack’ (Infographic): 9 technologies achieve ‘more’ (of 29) Society Growth factors with 1% of the complexity and a 200x productivity jump
This article introduces the Network Society 'Technology Stack'. The Network Society 'Technology Stack' identifies the 9 technologies which underly the Network Society and drive Society Growth. Our Accelerator page and additional articles will explore the 9 technologies, potential applications and high impact ventures on the critical path to Network Society.
NETWORK SOCIETY SUMMARY (Brief - Why? - How? - Where? - What? - Who?)
- ONE NETWORK DRIVING GLOBAL COMMUNITY PURSUING SOCIETY GROWTH: Network Society uses one network, one Technology Stack (of 9 Technologies), one method (things -> books -> communities/sectors/regions/countries -> society) and three roles (Executives - Managers - Leaders) to organise sectors, regions and countries in the Internet of Everything (IoE) to collectively drive Society Growth (consisting of 29 Social Growth Factors across organisation, wisdom, capital and satisfaction).
- SIMPLICITY AND SUSTAINABILITY AT ZERO MARGINAL COST: Society returns from the complexity and unsustainability of a Society which uses the Industrial Economy model which achieves ‘less’ economic growth with millions of narrow high cost, hierarchies, to the simplicity and sustainability of ‘more’ Social Growth in a Network Society driven by people in all encompassing Zero Marginal Cost networks.
Infographics (click to enlarge)
OUTCOMES: Network Society 'Technology Stack' achieves more of the 29 'Society Growth' Factors and a 200x productivity jump, compared to Industrial Economy. Wisdom Networks provide 2 of 9 technologies in the Network Society 'Technology Stack'
- NETWORK SOCIETY TECHNOLOGY STACK OFFERS 'MORE' SOCIETY GROWTH FACTORS WITH DRAMATICALLY LESS RESOURCES AND 1% OF THE COMPLEXITY: Network Society 'Technology Stack' achieves more of the 29 'Society Growth' Factors (encompassing organisation, wisdom, capital and satisfaction) with 1% of the complexity and a 200x productivity jump.
- INDUSTRIAL ECONOMY OFFERS LESS WITH MORE RESOURCES, EXPONENTIAL COMPLEXITY, HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL COST, DECLINING PRODUCTIVITY AND STAGNATION: The Industrial Economy model divides physical things amongst millions of physical organisations each, millions of technology stacks and millions of methods of organisation. The primary focus is on GDP and monetising 'things' to sustain large organisations. This model achieves a low number of 'Society Growth' factors and moving physical things results in significant environment cost and significant externalities.
- NETWORK SOCIETY IS SUSTAINABLE WITH LOWER ENERGY USAGE, LESS ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE WHILE ACHIEVING MORE SOCIAL GROWTH FACTORS FOR MORE PEOPLE FASTER: Network Society offers a fundamental change in the ratio of economic, social and environmental outcomes relative to costs. By moving organising 'Digital Twins' in networks, physical things do not need to be moved for the purposes of organisation. In Network Society, people use network to organise, make decisions and arrange service delivery in real-time. The Industrial Economy's isolated, fragmented and slow structures become obsolete and significant energy, environmental and adminstrative savings are a result.
- NETWORK SOCIETY IS A ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL STRUCTURE WHICH ORGANISES SOCIETY, COUNTRIES AND SECTORS AS THINGS AND BOOKS (ie linked things) IN THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING (IoE)
- NETWORK SOCIETY MANAGES 'DIGITAL TWINS' OF SOCIETY'S THINGS USING ONE NETWORK, ONE TECHNOLOGY STACK AND ONE METHOD: Network Society achieves twice the society with 1% of the complexity and a 200x productivity jump with 1% of the complexity, compared to Industrial Economy. It achieves this 200x lift in productivity by organising ‘Digital Twins’ using one Technology Stack, on one network with one method (linking things - sharing books - crowd creating communities/sectors/industries - society with a common purpose).
- NETWORK SOCIETY PROVIDES HUNDREDS OF TAGS (OR CATEGORIES OR ATTRIBUTES) THAT ALLOWS EACH THING TO BE DIFFERENTIATED WITHIN ONE NETWORK (RATHER THAN FRAGMENTED IN MILLIONS OF PHYSICAL STRUCTURES): Network Society puts a 'Digital Twin' of every 'thing' in a network and differentiates 'things', not by separation, but by simply assigning tags (or categories or attributes) to each thing. Tags include the six types of things (data, information, community, collaboration, knowledge, wisdom), sector, region and country.
- EACH OF THE NINE TECHNOLOGIES IN THE NETWORK SOCIETY 'TECHNOLOGY STACK' BRING A SPECIFIC FEATURE/FUNCTION TO EACH 'THING' INCLUDING WISDOM (KNOWLEDGE AND ACTION OF CROWDS) AND BLOCKCHAIN (IMMUTABLE TRANSACTIONS AND AUDIT TRAILS). Features and functions added by the Network Society 'Technology Stack' to each 'Digital Twin' thing includes:
- 1. Zero Marginal Cost: There is no incremental cost to add a user to a Network Society, particularly if averaged over a global network. There is a high marginal cost to add users to an Industrial Economy, particularly in a smaller organisation unit.
- 2. Digital Twins: A ‘Digital Twins’ platform maintains a digital twin of all things in society including people and content across sectors, regions and countries. It is exponentially more efficient and effective to organise society in a ‘Digital Twin’ platform where every thing is connected to every other thing
- 3. Cryptocurrency: sound currency and irreversible payments
- 4. Internet of Things (IoT) - remote monitoring, interaction and control of things
- 5. Permanent 'things' - permanent decentralised storage
- 6. Blockchainified things - decentralised, irreversible, trusted transactions and immutable audit trail
- 8. Wisdomified (knowledge and prioritised action) things - focus the wisdom of anyone on any 'thing' anywhere in real-time
- 8. Internet of Everything (IoE) in one place - every 'thing', every interaction, everyone in one place with service delivery, governance and organisation in one network accessible by all
- 9. Society Growth as a common purpose consisting of 29 achievable Social Growth Factors
- NETWORK SOCIETY CAN BE USED EVERYWHERE - FAMILY, ORGANISATION, CITIES, SECTOR, REGION, COUNTRY, GLOBALLY: Applications include:
- the next stage of economic/social development
- part of a ‘Smart Specialisation Strategy' (S3) economic development model (used by 21 countries and 180+ regions in the EU) to accelerate development of 'strategic sectors', regional integration ('New Silk Road' or OBOR, BRICS, Europe,), specific sectors and/or a country
- a Humanitarian platform allowing crowds to create countries, institutions or industries faster after crisis, conflict, failure or disaster
- provide isolated improvements to sectors, regions or groups in an economy or society
- an innovative method for 85 governments that belong to the Open Government Partnership (OGP) to achieve their OGP commitments and obligations
- an incremental, disruptive, horizon, disaster recovery, point solutions, sector enhancements or financial crisis recovery technology that can be deployed by local communities, 'smart cities', government (local, state or federal) or large organisations
- part of Third Industrial Revolution strategy, or Global or national vision, to restructure human time and attention, lift human potential 9 fold and introduce a 'Universal Basic Income' and Minimum Life.
- facilitate or enhance global or national participation in the 'New Silk Road', also called 'One Belt, One Road (OBOR). The 'New Silk Road' is the world's largest economic and social development project and driver of the 21st century.
- LARGE ORGANISATIONS AND GOVERNMENT ARE BEST PLACED TO ACCELERATE THE SHIFT TO NETWORK SOCIETY WITH INNOVATION AND STARTUPS ON THE CRITICAL PATH TO NETWORK SOCIETY:: Our self-service Ventures resource is intended to provide entrepreneurs in large organisations (government and corporates), society (people, startups and crowds) and countries/regions with a process and the specific tools and knowledge to crowd create ‘Society Growth’ ventures on the critical path to Network Society. Large organisations, particularly government and telecommunciations companies, could achieve Network Society in 3-10 years.
- WISDOM NETWORKS ARE DIGITAL TWIN PLATFORMS WHICH FOCUS WISDOM (KNOWLEDGE AND ACTION) ON 'THINGS': Our heritage is in two elements of the Network Society Technology Stack - 'Digital Twin' networks and 'Wisdomified things'. Our future expands to the Network Society Technology Stack and accelerating evolution to Network Society with Ventures resource intended to accelerate evolution to Network Society.
Appendix - related information
Status quo is exhausted and obsolete
The existing approaches to economic development use obsolete structures and methods. These structures and methods are physical structures which isolate Productive Knowledge in buildings and information systems. These approaches also suffer from diminishing returns. Society has achieved much in the last 100 years. However, the status quo simply can’t deliver further prosperity, transparency, productivity, accountability or governance. The GDP growth and innovation of the Industrial economy has ended and future GDP growth is likely be half that (or negative) of the last 100 years. At exponential cost, governments have prevented an evolutionary and inevitable Shift to the next stage of economic development. The overdue Third Industrial Revolution tirelessly endeavours to evolve society from the Industrial Economy development model to a Network Society development model.
Countries and people have been reduced to wealth transfers, not wealth creation.
Third Industrial Revolution - only by restructuring human time and attention
Industrial Revolutions mean the world achieves so much more with so much less. The First Industrial Revolution was a 600 hundred fold increase in productivity in agriculture. At one time 25% of the population produced the food for a few hundred million people. Now, 1% of the population produces all the food for 7 billion. A small number of countries produce food for the world. The Second Industrial Revolution resulted in a handful of countries producing most of the industrial goods for the world. China and Germany come to mind. The Third Industrial Revolution brings a rapid jump in productivity in services with more services produced through global or coutnry platforms using less people. The 'more with less' evolution is occurring by default and we are witnessing increasing unemployment. New sectors or opportunities for contribution need to be created for the displaced. The impact of the Third Industrial Revolution is profound and can only be achieved by restructuring human time and attention.
Network Society double, triple or quadruple productivity of every employee by restructuring human time and attention… sources include reclaiming travel time, reclaiming identified wasted time, reclaiming unproductive work time and gamification.
Network Society also captures effort outside hierarchies and across the world which means Global Village' lifts human potential output from 2.5% (in an Industrial Economy) to 23.5% ( using Network Society development model). Network Society can produce 9 times more than the Industrial Economy development model. It achieves this by (1) increasing individual productive time, (2) capturing wisdom beyond the boundary of the hierarchy and (3) capturing wisdom around the world.
Network Society plan: Punctuated Reform crowd creates 'Global Village' in 2 years
'Punctuated Reform' (1 page plan) crowd creates 'Global Village' and restores evolution, 'The Shift', wisdom, prosperity and peace. It's a plan to escape 'Trapped Transition' and migrate from Industrial Economy (centralised stagnation) to Network Society (distributed prosperity).
What does wisdom actually look like? Screenshots!
Wisdom Networks organise society's 'things' within networks in the Internet of Everything (IOE) via people and their mobile devices. Please find some screenshot examples below of 'things' and 'books' in sectors. Please note the tabs at the top of the screen allow a person to switch between various sectors. Each sectors contains different 'things', but the underlying method of linking 'things' into 'books' and sharing them remains the same. One method of organising past, present and future means a dramatic reduction in complexity across society and a scalable solution to organise society and the global village at zero marginal cost.
Sector pages and presentations contain further screenshots and workflow diagrams for each sector.
Wisdom Networks are part of the Network Society 'Technology Stack' and provide a 'Digital Twin' of physical things in society, and bring the wisdom of crowds to those things. Wisdom Networks enable all-inclusive citizen empowerment and democratisation across every sector. 100 times more addressable data means 10,000 times more patterns (or knowledge) and "a profound change in the economics of the world we live in".
Network Society empowers every person by organising every “thing” in Society in the “Internet of Everything" (IoE) into shared books, just like people already do with their social lives. Everyone can participate and contribute to every “thing”, everywhere, across every sector in society in real-time via their mobile devices. Network Society organises collective knowledge, collective governance and collective action in real-time. Network Society is “The App” that drives economic and social development across sectors and countries. Our sector pages provide comprehensive information including screenshots and community definitions (in IoE terms).