- PURPOSE: WISDOM.TO/VENTURES is a 'Network Society Expansion Pack' for economic development, innovation and startup programmes including EU's Smart Specialisation Strategy (S3), Open Government Partnership (OGP), The Lean Startup (for isolated startups), The Startup Way (across large organisations), 'Open Innovation' and bespoke initiatives by corporations, government, civil society and crowds. First version delivered by mid December 2017 by (this) web site. Publicly available to allow contribution.
- A CATALOGUE OF 'STRATEGIC PROJECTS' IN PRESENTATION TEMPLATE, CHECKLIST AND WEB PAGE TABS: Strategic projects on the critical path to Network Society are summarised in the 'Society Growth Strategy' presentation/template, the wisdom.to/ventures Checklist tabs on wisdom.to/ventures web pages.
- 'READABLE' PRESENTATION AS INTRODUCTION AND TEMPLATE FOR YOUR OWN 'SOCIETY GROWTH STRATEGY': The 'Strategic Growth Summary presentation' is intended as a 'readable' document to introduce the the Methodologies-Research-Technology-Ventures-Sectors-Countries structure to innovation and evolution to Network Society. By adding/deleting strategic projects, the strategy could become a 'Society Growth presentation' for a specific country, sector, organisation or community.
- SITUATION AND CHALLENGES
- Society Growth
- Third Industrial Revolution
- EU's 'Smart Specialisation Strategy' (S3)
- Open Government Partnership (OGP)
- Network Society
- Others (including Innovation)
- Network Society 'Technology Stack'
- 'Strategic projects' on the critical path to Network Society
- 'Digital Twins' in the IoE
- Industry as a Blockchain
- Model: Luxembourg 'Third Industrial Revolution' Strategy
- New Silk Road ( or One Belt, One Road)
- Reference: Base Country base 'horizon' strategy
Presentation: Wisdom.to/[template] 'Society Growth' Strategy
- WISDOM.TO is focused on accelerating the critical path to Network Society, the next stage of economic and social development.
- WISDOM.TO/NETWORKSOCIETY organises society by linking 'digital twins' of people and society's things in networks across sectors, regions and countries. Each person can interact with every 'thing' anywhere in direct person to person networks in real-time. Each 'thing' can receive global/local participation, global/local contribution, wisdom (of crowds), trusted transactions (via decentralised blockchains confirming transactions and providing immutable audit trails), real-time collaboration and permanent storage.
- WISDOM.TO/THIRDINDUSTRIALREVOLUTIONis the global integration of ‘communications internet’, ‘energy internet’ and ‘transport internet’ and a shift to horizontal, decentralised people driven networks as a means to organise society at Zero Marginal Cost with less environment, energy and resources impact. It provides an overdue and critically required jump in Total Factor Productivity (in system) and Aggregated Efficiency (system potential yield) to drive prosperity in the future. ‘Network Society’ is the ‘communications internet’ or Internet of Everything (IoE) platform of the ‘Third Industrial Revolution’
- WISDOM.TO/SOCIETYGROWTH is the purpose of Network Society and consists 29 'Social Growth' Factors (encompassiong organisation, wisdom, capital, satisfaction). Economic Growth is a subset of Society Growth (9 of 29 factors).
- WISDOM.TO/TECHNOLOGYSTACK outlines the 9 strategic technologies which combine to provide foundation fo a Network Society and provide more Social Growth with 1% of the complexity of the Industrial Economy.
- WISDOM.TO/VISIONis to accelerate the Shift from Industrial Economy to Network Society to 3-10 years and a jump in Productivity (in system) and Aggregated Efficiency (system yield) which drives living satndard higher for all. Alternatively, 'Trapped Transition which could last 50 years with consequential environmental damage and declining living standards from an Industrial Economy methodology which became obsolete in 1972, 1990 or 2008.
- WISDOM.TO/VENTURES is a 'Network Society Expansion Pack' and education resource for economic development, innovation and startup programmes including EU's Smart Specialisation Strategy (S3), Open Government Partnership (OGP), The Lean Startup (for isolated startups), The Startup Way (across large organisations), 'Open Innovation', accelerators and bespoke initiatives. It provides a template 'Society Growth Strategy' presentation template and a checklist of 'Strategic projects' on the critical path to Network Society. Content structured around six themes - Methodologies, Research, Technologies, Ventures, Sectors and Countries. Under development (completed December 2017).
- WISDOM.TO/SECTORS provides a 'base' Network Society (horizon) strategy for many sectors of scoiety including health, education, equity market, government, governance, democracy and others.
- WISDOM.TO/COUNTRIES provides a 'base' Network Society 'horizon' strategy for 20+ countries, Europe, Humanitarian projects, 69 Open Government Partnership (OGP) countries and 15 OGP subnationals, Smart Specialisation Strategies (S3) and Telecommunications companies.
- WISDOM.TO/FEATUREDARTICLES: are articles relevant to the critical path to Network Society and/or our six themes
- WISDOM.TO/ARTICLES provides a list of all our articles.
NETWORK SOCIETY SUMMARY (Brief - Why? - How? - Where? - What? - Who?)
- ONE NETWORK DRIVING GLOBAL COMMUNITY PURSUING SOCIETY GROWTH: Network Society uses one network, one Technology Stack (of 9 Technologies), one method (things -> books -> communities/sectors/regions/countries -> society) and three roles (Executives - Managers - Leaders) to organise sectors, regions and countries in the Internet of Everything (IoE) to collectively drive Society Growth (consisting of 29 Social Growth Factors across organisation, wisdom, capital and satisfaction).
- SIMPLICITY AND SUSTAINABILITY AT ZERO MARGINAL COST: Society returns from the complexity and unsustainability of a Society which uses the Industrial Economy model which achieves ‘less’ economic growth with millions of narrow high cost, hierarchies, to the simplicity and sustainability of ‘more’ Social Growth in a Network Society driven by people in all encompassing Zero Marginal Cost networks.
Infographics (click to enlarge)
PROCESS: Wisdom Networks organise 'Digital Twins' of every 'thing' in Society and empower anyone to focus community wisdom (knowledge and action) on any thing, anywhere, anytime in real-time.
OUTCOMES: Network Society 'Technology Stack' achieves more of the 29 'Society Growth' Factors and a 200x productivity jump, compared to Industrial Economy. Wisdom Networks provide 2 of 9 technologies in the Network Society 'Technology Stack'
- NETWORK SOCIETY TECHNOLOGY STACK OFFERS 'MORE' SOCIETY GROWTH FACTORS WITH DRAMATICALLY LESS RESOURCES AND 1% OF THE COMPLEXITY: Network Society 'Technology Stack' achieves more of the 29 'Society Growth' Factors (encompassing organisation, wisdom, capital and satisfaction) with 1% of the complexity and a 200x productivity jump.
- INDUSTRIAL ECONOMY OFFERS LESS WITH MORE RESOURCES, EXPONENTIAL COMPLEXITY, HIGH ENVIRONMENTAL COST, DECLINING PRODUCTIVITY AND STAGNATION: The Industrial Economy model divides physical things amongst millions of physical organisations each, millions of technology stacks and millions of methods of organisation. The primary focus is on GDP and monetising 'things' to sustain large organisations. This model achieves a low number of 'Society Growth' factors and moving physical things results in significant environment cost and significant externalities.
- NETWORK SOCIETY IS SUSTAINABLE WITH LOWER ENERGY USAGE, LESS ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE WHILE ACHIEVING MORE SOCIAL GROWTH FACTORS FOR MORE PEOPLE FASTER: Network Society offers a fundamental change in the ratio of economic, social and environmental outcomes relative to costs. By moving organising 'Digital Twins' in networks, physical things do not need to be moved for the purposes of organisation. In Network Society, people use network to organise, make decisions and arrange service delivery in real-time. The Industrial Economy's isolated, fragmented and slow structures become obsolete and significant energy, environmental and adminstrative savings are a result.
- NETWORK SOCIETY IS A ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL STRUCTURE WHICH ORGANISES SOCIETY, COUNTRIES AND SECTORS AS THINGS AND BOOKS (ie linked things) IN THE INTERNET OF EVERYTHING (IoE)
- NETWORK SOCIETY MANAGES 'DIGITAL TWINS' OF SOCIETY'S THINGS USING ONE NETWORK, ONE TECHNOLOGY STACK AND ONE METHOD: Network Society achieves twice the society with 1% of the complexity and a 200x productivity jump with 1% of the complexity, compared to Industrial Economy. It achieves this 200x lift in productivity by organising ‘Digital Twins’ using one Technology Stack, on one network with one method (linking things - sharing books - crowd creating communities/sectors/industries - society with a common purpose).
- NETWORK SOCIETY PROVIDES HUNDREDS OF TAGS (OR CATEGORIES OR ATTRIBUTES) THAT ALLOWS EACH THING TO BE DIFFERENTIATED WITHIN ONE NETWORK (RATHER THAN FRAGMENTED IN MILLIONS OF PHYSICAL STRUCTURES): Network Society puts a 'Digital Twin' of every 'thing' in a network and differentiates 'things', not by separation, but by simply assigning tags (or categories or attributes) to each thing. Tags include the six types of things (data, information, community, collaboration, knowledge, wisdom), sector, region and country.
- EACH OF THE NINE TECHNOLOGIES IN THE NETWORK SOCIETY 'TECHNOLOGY STACK' BRING A SPECIFIC FEATURE/FUNCTION TO EACH 'THING' INCLUDING WISDOM (KNOWLEDGE AND ACTION OF CROWDS) AND BLOCKCHAIN (IMMUTABLE TRANSACTIONS AND AUDIT TRAILS). Features and functions added by the Network Society 'Technology Stack' to each 'Digital Twin' thing includes:
- 1. Zero Marginal Cost: There is no incremental cost to add a user to a Network Society, particularly if averaged over a global network. There is a high marginal cost to add users to an Industrial Economy, particularly in a smaller organisation unit.
- 2. Digital Twins: A ‘Digital Twins’ platform maintains a digital twin of all things in society including people and content across sectors, regions and countries. It is exponentially more efficient and effective to organise society in a ‘Digital Twin’ platform where every thing is connected to every other thing
- 3. Cryptocurrency: sound currency and irreversible payments
- 4. Internet of Things (IoT) - remote monitoring, interaction and control of things
- 5. Permanent 'things' - permanent decentralised storage
- 6. Blockchainified things - decentralised, irreversible, trusted transactions and immutable audit trail
- 8. Wisdomified (knowledge and prioritised action) things - focus the wisdom of anyone on any 'thing' anywhere in real-time
- 8. Internet of Everything (IoE) in one place - every 'thing', every interaction, everyone in one place with service delivery, governance and organisation in one network accessible by all
- 9. Society Growth as a common purpose consisting of 29 achievable Social Growth Factors
- NETWORK SOCIETY CAN BE USED EVERYWHERE - FAMILY, ORGANISATION, CITIES, SECTOR, REGION, COUNTRY, GLOBALLY: Applications include:
- the next stage of economic/social development
- part of a ‘Smart Specialisation Strategy' (S3) economic development model (used by 21 countries and 180+ regions in the EU) to accelerate development of 'strategic sectors', regional integration ('New Silk Road' or OBOR, BRICS, Europe,), specific sectors and/or a country
- a Humanitarian platform allowing crowds to create countries, institutions or industries faster after crisis, conflict, failure or disaster
- provide isolated improvements to sectors, regions or groups in an economy or society
- an innovative method for 85 governments that belong to the Open Government Partnership (OGP) to achieve their OGP commitments and obligations
- an incremental, disruptive, horizon, disaster recovery, point solutions, sector enhancements or financial crisis recovery technology that can be deployed by local communities, 'smart cities', government (local, state or federal) or large organisations
- part of Third Industrial Revolution strategy, or Global or national vision, to restructure human time and attention, lift human potential 9 fold and introduce a 'Universal Basic Income' and Minimum Life.
- facilitate or enhance global or national participation in the 'New Silk Road', also called 'One Belt, One Road (OBOR). The 'New Silk Road' is the world's largest economic and social development project and driver of the 21st century.
- LARGE ORGANISATIONS AND GOVERNMENT ARE BEST PLACED TO ACCELERATE THE SHIFT TO NETWORK SOCIETY WITH INNOVATION AND STARTUPS ON THE CRITICAL PATH TO NETWORK SOCIETY:: Our self-service Ventures resource is intended to provide entrepreneurs in large organisations (government and corporates), society (people, startups and crowds) and countries/regions with a process and the specific tools and knowledge to crowd create ‘Society Growth’ ventures on the critical path to Network Society. Large organisations, particularly government and telecommunciations companies, could achieve Network Society in 3-10 years.
- WISDOM NETWORKS ARE DIGITAL TWIN PLATFORMS WHICH FOCUS WISDOM (KNOWLEDGE AND ACTION) ON 'THINGS': Our heritage is in two elements of the Network Society Technology Stack - 'Digital Twin' networks and 'Wisdomified things'. Our future expands to the Network Society Technology Stack and accelerating evolution to Network Society with Ventures resource intended to accelerate evolution to Network Society.
YouTube Playlist - Top 10 videos
Many wisdom.to/ventures sections have YouTube playlists. We include the Top 10 to serve as a broad introduction.
Youtube playlist (Wisdom.to Top 10 videos)
The Third Industrial Revolution Trailer
The Third Industrial Revolution and a Zero Marginal Cost Society (Jeremy Rifkin) | DLD16
Jeremy Rifkin on the Fall of Capitalism and the Internet of Things
Michel Bauwens: Are We Shifting to a New Post-Capitalist Value Regime?
rev3 : the third industrial revolution in Hauts-de-France